Sunday, October 23, 2011

Elegant Nostalgia

Oh blog, I have not seen you since the Xanga days... Those were the good simple days. Now its all Twitter, Facebook, and maybe some Myspace. All kids are getting an education in how to text rather than communicate. Yes, there is a difference between texting and the art of communicating. Texting has just become one more obstacle in the challenge of good communication. Don't get me wrong, I love texting and find it very convenient in many situations. However, nothing can take the place of sitting in a quiet coffee house with a good friend having a genuine conversation. In honor of the fact that I waste too much time on Facebook, I am going to start blogging again. I am not cool enough for Facebook and strangely enough, I'm completely happy with that (:

In closing:

Dear Facebook,

You are ridiculous.

1 comment:

  1. I found you! Haha, rather, you led me to you. I did make one, so check it ouut.

    By the way, Facebook is a mechanism to make people feel important and "connected", as I have discovered. But really, it's like a doughnut--all sugar 'till the weight hits ya.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete